- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup grape jelly or seedless raspberry jam
- 3 cups frozen waffle-cut or thick-cut french fried potatoes
- 4 slices packaged ready-to-serve cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped honey-roasted walnuts or almonds
- 1 tablespoon bottled barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 8 ounces uncooked ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian-blend cheeses, Monterey jack cheese with jalapeno peppers, or Gorgonzola cheese
- Snipped fresh chives
- 8 dinner rolls or cocktail-sized hamburger buns, split
- Sliced tomato and/or lettuce
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degree F. Combine the 1/3 cup barbecue sauce and the jelly or jam. Mix with a wire whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. Arrange waffle-cut potatoes or thick-cut french fried potatoes in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Bake for 8 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine bread crumbs, nuts, the 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce, poultry seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Add ground chicken; mix well. Shape into 8 balls; place 2 inches apart on greased shallow baking pan. Moisten the bottom of a glass and press each ball to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- 4. Place pan of burgers in oven. Bake fries and burgers for 5 minutes. Stir fries; turn burgers. Continue baking burgers and potatoes for 5 more minutes.
- 5. Sprinkle cheese over fries. Brush barbecue sauce mixture on burgers. Bake burgers and potatoes 2 minutes more or until burgers are no longer pink in center and cheese is melted on fries.
- 6. To serve, sprinkle fries with snipped chives. Place mini burgers in cocktail buns with additional barbecue-jelly mixture spooned over. Top with tomato slices and/or lettuce. Makes 4 servings.