- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (90%) ground beef
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine ground beef, oats, bell pepper, onion, 1/4 c. barbecue sauce, egg, thyme, salt & black pepper in bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf in loaf pan.
- Insert Digital Thermometer into center of meat loaf.
- Bake 50 min.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over meat loaf.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center of meat loaf and internal temperature reaches 160F using Digital Thermometer.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
NotesHere's a classic that uses staples in your pantry...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More