- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean (90%) ground beef
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine ground beef, oats, bell pepper, onion, 1/4 c. barbecue sauce, egg, thyme, salt & black pepper in bowl; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf in loaf pan.
- Insert Digital Thermometer into center of meat loaf.
- Bake 50 min.
- Spread remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over meat loaf.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center of meat loaf and internal temperature reaches 160F using Digital Thermometer.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
NotesHere's a classic that uses staples in your pantry...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More