- Cooking Time: 20-30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 2 Racks of Lamb, 1 to 1 1/2 lbs each, frenched
- For the Paste:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon mince garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl mix together the paste ingredients.
- Spread the paste all over the lamb racks.
- (Optional: Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours.)
- Loosely cover the bones of the racks of lamb with aluminum foil to keep them from burning. Grill over Direct Medium heat until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F and the lamb is medium rare, 20 - 30 minutes, starting with the bone side down and turning after 15 minutes. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into chops.
NotesBeing a BBQ guy I got this from Weber's Big Book of Grilling when I was looking for a recipe for grilling a rack of lamb. I didn't bother with the Orange-Cranberry Chutney as that sounded like Christmas to me and was extra work.
I was short on time so I didn't even let the rack sit in fridge with the paste on it for 8 hours but it was absolutely fantastic.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Vegan Eats!See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More