- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Coke Ribs
- Coke Ribs
- Cut 1 rack of ribs in small pieces and place in dutch oven. Add 1 can of coke and enough water to barely cover ribs, 1 bay leaf, 3 cloves garlic (chopped), 1 large onion (cut up) and salt & pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for at least1½ hours.
- Place drained ribs on HOT BBQ and sear one side for about 5 minutes, flip over and add BBQ sauce, flip over after 5 minutes and add BBQ sauce. After 5 minutes, flip over one more time.
- **Note: If using more than 1 rack of ribs use 2 cans of coke.
- After ribs have boiled do not let them cool before placing on the BBQ.
- In winter you can do these under the broiler in your oven.
- Variation: Instead of BBQ sauce brush ribs with honey garlic sauce.
- Honey garlic sauce:
- ½ cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup liquid honey
- 2 tsp. garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More