- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12, about five cups
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3-lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 cup beef broth
- BBQ sauce
- Oven directions:
- 1. Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl combine garlic, coriander, cumin, oregano, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper; rub into the meat. Place meat in a roasting pan that has a cover; add beef broth. Cover and roast in a 325 degree (F) oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until very tender.
- 2. Remove meat from liquid with a slotted spoon; reserving the liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat, pulling through it with 2 forks in opposite directions. Stir in enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten; add BBQ sauce to desired consistancy. Reheat in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, and serve on toasted buns.
- Crock Pot Directions:
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit in a 3-1/2- or 5-quart crockery cooker, add beef broth. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Continue as above.
NotesThis is a delicious, perfectly-spiced shredded pork. I prefer to make this in the crockpot and keep hot to serve to guest. Great meal idea for summer get-togethers.