- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12, about five cups
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3-lb boneless pork shoulder blade roast
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 cup beef broth
- BBQ sauce
- Oven directions:
- 1. Trim fat from meat. In a small bowl combine garlic, coriander, cumin, oregano, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and red pepper; rub into the meat. Place meat in a roasting pan that has a cover; add beef broth. Cover and roast in a 325 degree (F) oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until very tender.
- 2. Remove meat from liquid with a slotted spoon; reserving the liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat, pulling through it with 2 forks in opposite directions. Stir in enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten; add BBQ sauce to desired consistancy. Reheat in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, and serve on toasted buns.
- Crock Pot Directions:
- Trim fat from meat. If necessary, cut meat to fit in a 3-1/2- or 5-quart crockery cooker, add beef broth. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. Continue as above.
NotesThis is a delicious, perfectly-spiced shredded pork. I prefer to make this in the crockpot and keep hot to serve to guest. Great meal idea for summer get-togethers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More