BBQ SMOKED TURKEY AND CARMELIZED ONION PIZZA
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 medium size sweet onions, sliced thin
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups chopped smoked turkey
- 1/2 of a 18 oz bottle KC style BBQ sauce
- 2 large Boboli pizza crusts
- 1 16 oz bag Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onions. Stir fry onions until they are slightly wilted and are sweating, about 10 minutes. Add sugar, balsamic vinegar, and thyme if desired. Continue to cook onions, stirring frequently, until they are nicely carmelized, about another 20-30 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add chopped turkey to pan, stir in with onions until turkey is heated through. Remove pan from heat. Stir in BBQ sauce.
- Split onion mixture between the 2 pizza crusts, spreading evenly to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with cheese and chopped green onions. Bake in oven according to package directions (8-10 minutes at 450 degrees).
NotesI made this last night with leftover smoked turkey from Thanksgiving. Turned out yummy. Certainly not the most nutritious, but so delicious! Can be halved easily...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More