- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 4 medium size sweet onions, sliced thin
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups chopped smoked turkey
- 1/2 of a 18 oz bottle KC style BBQ sauce
- 2 large Boboli pizza crusts
- 1 16 oz bag Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 6 green onions, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sliced onions. Stir fry onions until they are slightly wilted and are sweating, about 10 minutes. Add sugar, balsamic vinegar, and thyme if desired. Continue to cook onions, stirring frequently, until they are nicely carmelized, about another 20-30 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add chopped turkey to pan, stir in with onions until turkey is heated through. Remove pan from heat. Stir in BBQ sauce.
- Split onion mixture between the 2 pizza crusts, spreading evenly to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with cheese and chopped green onions. Bake in oven according to package directions (8-10 minutes at 450 degrees).
NotesI made this last night with leftover smoked turkey from Thanksgiving. Turned out yummy. Certainly not the most nutritious, but so delicious! Can be halved easily...
Decadent Desserts Made From
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More