BBQ SNACK MIX
BBQ Snack Mix
- Servings: 18
- 3 cups bite-size crispy corn-rice cereal
- 2 cups bite-size cheddar cheese crackers
- 2 cups oyster crackers
- 2 cups miniature pretzel twists
- 1 cup whole natural almonds (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 250F.
Combine cereal, crackers, pretzels and almonds in a bakin dish; set aside.
In separate bowl, melt butter and stir in seasoning mix, brown sugar, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour butter mixture evenly over ingredients in baking dish. Stir gently until well coated.
Bake 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
Pour snack mix out onto large sheet of parchment paper to cool.
Store in airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: 9 cups
Tips: Corn or rice cereal squares can be used in this recipe, but I prefer cereal with corn on one side and rice on the other. You can substitute 2 cups corn chips for pretzels, if you like.