- Cooking Time: 2hrs
- Preparation Time:
- BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- Salt & pepper
- Hot sauce
- Sauté the onion in butter quickly, making sure the juice does not boil away. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- comment: This is an old-fashioned, authentic Southern approach for some of the juiciest ribs ever!
- So place the ribs in a baking pan on a rack. Pour water in the bottom of the pan, but do NOT rest the ribs in the water—we’re not making soup. Cover the baking pan tightly with a cover or foil. Place in the oven at 250 degrees for 2 hours. Turn at 1 hour or every 30 minutes if you have a stack. Steam each side until the meat is no longer pink. Place over very hot coals, drown in BBQ sauce and cook ribs quickly until crispy on the outside. Tuck a big napkin into your shirt and dig in.
NotesThe secret to ribs that are crisp on the outside, yet juicy on the inside is steaming beforehand! Then you can char the outside quickly while making sure you’re not biting into raw meat on the inside when they’re crisp. Bonus: The meat won’t shrink.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More