- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (16-oz.) jar sliced pickled beets, drained reserving 1/2 cup liquid
- 1 (19-oz.) can cannellini (white Italian kidney beans) or other canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (10-oz.) bag Italian blend salad mix
- Warm Basil-Bacon Dressing:
- 1/2 cup reserved beet liquid
- 1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon or real bacon bits
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In large bowl, combine beets, beans, celery and onion; mix gently but thoroughly. Add salad greens; toss to combine.
- To make dressing, in small saucepan combine reserved beet liquid, pesto, bacon and pepper. Heat through, stirring occasionally, without boiling.* Pour over salad mixture; mix gently but thoroughly. Serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More