- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 24 cookies
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryThese cookies are the absolute best I've ever made. They are so perfectly soft and chewy. The extra fluffiness and lift comes from cornstarch--a surprising ingredient for cookies, but one I'd bet you've already got on hand!
- 3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
- 3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks.
- 4. Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. (The tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)
- 5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes. Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely. Try not to eat them all.