- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are easy to make and not overly sweet. You can also use the jam of choice.
- (When everyone inn my family is home X3)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk, slightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- Cream butter, sugar and egg yolk.
- Mix in flour.
- Shape into balls, dip into beaten egg white and roll in chopped nuts.
- Put on a greesed cookie sheet, make a dent in th top with your finger.
- Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove from oven and repress the dent and return for 6 to 10 minutes more.
- While still warm fill the dents with jam of your choice. (we prefer strawberry).