- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 pound mild bulk sausage
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Black pepper, ground, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- In skillet, crumble sausage and cook until browned.
- Sprinkle flour over browned sausage, stirring constantly.
- When mixture is smooth, slowly add milk.
- Stir constantly until creamy and bubbly, about three minutes.
- Season to taste with black pepper and salt.
- Serve hot over homemade biscuits.
- Too lazy to make biscuits the Grands Homesyle Biscuits@ work just as well.
NotesJust like your favorite southern mom n' pop restaurant.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More