- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup canned, drained black beans
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 4 whole-wheat flour tortillas (8-inch rounds)
- 1 cup shredded nonfat or reduced-fat Mexican blend or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat or light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tomatoes or chunky-style salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or sliced scallions
- Combine the beans and chili powder in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Stir in the green chilies.
- Lay a tortilla on a flat surface and sprinkle the bottom 1/2 only with 2T of the cheese.
- Top the cheese with a 1/4 of the bean mixture & 2T of cheese.
- Fold the top 1/2 of the tortilla over to enclose the filling.
- Repeat with the remaining to make 4 filled tortillas.
- Coat a large griddle or nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and preheat over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles when it hits the heated surface.
- Lay the quesadillas on the griddle and cook for about 1-1/2 min, til the bottoms are golden brown.
- Spray the tops lightly with the cook-spray & then turn with a spatula.
- Cook for an additional 1 1/2 min, til the second side is golden brown.
- Transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board and cut each one into 4 wedges.
- Serve hot accompanied by the sour cream, tomatoes or salsa, & cilantro or scallions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More