BLACK SKILLET BEEF WITH GREENS AND RED POTATOES
1 lb top round beef
• 1 Tbsp paprika
• 1 1/2 tsp oregano
• 1/2 tsp chili powder
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/8 tsp red pepper
• 1/8 tsp dry mustard
• 8 red-skinned potatoes, halved
• 3 C onion, finely chopped
• 2 C beef broth
• 2 cloves large garlic, minced
• 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into very thin, 2 1/2-inch strips
• 2 bunch (1/2 lb) mustard greens, kale, or turnip greens, stems removed, coarsely torn
as needed - nonstick cooking spray
Partially freeze beef. Thinly slice across grain into long strips 1/8-inch thick and 3 inches wide.
Combine paprika, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper, and dry mustard. Coat strips of meat with spice mixture.
Spray large, heavy skillet with nonstick coating. Preheat pan over high heat. Add meat and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Then add potatoes, onion, broth, and garlic, and cook covered over medium heat for 20 minutes. Stir in carrots, lay greens over top, and cook covered until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
Serve in large serving bowl with crusty bread for dunking