- Cooking Time: 6
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 7
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blue berries (fresh, or frozen and defrosted, but dry works fine, too)
- 8 blintzes or other thin pancakes
- A. Place the cottage cheese, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and blend
- together with a large wooden spoon. Add the berries and continue mixing
- until the berries are equally distribuated.
- B. Place 2 tablespoons of the filling in the center of the uncooked side
- of each blintze. Fold the four corners of each blintze toward teh center and
- turn the blintzes over carefully.
- C. Place all the blintze seam side down in a well buttered frying pan*. COok until golden brown on the bottom; turn and cook on the other side until heated through
NotesThis delicious dessert, which can als be served as, tastey hors d'oeuerves,
came from a falling apart book of pancake recipes, that I have, which was
orignially co written by SHERRY LaFOLLETTE & George ZABRISKIE, (not a website) who according to IMDb died in 2002. My mother used to make blueberry (and other kinds of) blintzes and crepes, once and awhile. They were always wonderful treats!