- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9-12
- Preparation Time:
- 12 slices of thick bread (Texas Toast)
- 2- 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
- Remove the crusts from the bread and cube.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13" glass baking dish with vegetable spray and place half the cubes of bread in the pan.
- Cube the cream cheese and put on top of the bread.
- Distribute one cup of fresh or frozen blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Place remaining bread over the blueberries.
- Beat the eggs, add the maple syrup and the milk.
- Pour mixture over bread and cheese.
- Place plastic wrap over dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake the "French toast," covered with foil, in the middle of a preheated 350F. degree oven for 30 minutes, remove the foil, and bake the French toast for 30 minutes more, or until it is puffed and golden.
- Pour sauce over individual pieces, slice and twist a lemon slice over the top for garnish, and serve.
NotesThis french toast comes from The Maples Inn a Bed and Breakfast in Bar Harbour Maine. It's yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More