- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 9-12
- Preparation Time:
- 12 slices of thick bread (Texas Toast)
- 2- 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups milk
- Remove the crusts from the bread and cube.
- Spray the bottom of a 9x13" glass baking dish with vegetable spray and place half the cubes of bread in the pan.
- Cube the cream cheese and put on top of the bread.
- Distribute one cup of fresh or frozen blueberries over the cream cheese.
- Place remaining bread over the blueberries.
- Beat the eggs, add the maple syrup and the milk.
- Pour mixture over bread and cheese.
- Place plastic wrap over dish and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake the "French toast," covered with foil, in the middle of a preheated 350F. degree oven for 30 minutes, remove the foil, and bake the French toast for 30 minutes more, or until it is puffed and golden.
- Pour sauce over individual pieces, slice and twist a lemon slice over the top for garnish, and serve.
NotesThis french toast comes from The Maples Inn a Bed and Breakfast in Bar Harbour Maine. It's yummy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More