- Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 5-6 cups fresh or frozen berries (I used a bag of frozen raspberries, a partial bag of frozen blueberries and about 3 cups of fresh, sliced strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All Bran® Complete Wheat Flakes cereal, slightly crushed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; spray a 9 1/2 inch deep dish ceramic pie plate (or use a casserole dish) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, sugar and orange liqueur. Toss lightly to coat.
- Place the berries in the prepared pie plate and set aside.
- In the mean time, combine the whole wheat flour, oatmeal, bran flakes, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is browned and the fruit is bubbling. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
NotesI recently received three boxes of Kellogg's® Bran Cereal through a partnership between Foodbuzz and Kellogg's®. I couldn't think of a more delicious way to incorporate bran in my diet than by making this easy fruit crisp.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More