- Cooking Time: 40-45 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryI recently received three boxes of Kellogg's® Bran Cereal through a partnership between Foodbuzz and Kellogg's®. I couldn't think of a more delicious way to incorporate bran in my diet than by making this easy fruit crisp.
- 5-6 cups fresh or frozen berries (I used a bag of frozen raspberries, a partial bag of frozen blueberries and about 3 cups of fresh, sliced strawberries)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All Bran® Complete Wheat Flakes cereal, slightly crushed
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; spray a 9 1/2 inch deep dish ceramic pie plate (or use a casserole dish) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the berries, sugar and orange liqueur. Toss lightly to coat.
- Place the berries in the prepared pie plate and set aside.
- In the mean time, combine the whole wheat flour, oatmeal, bran flakes, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the top is browned and the fruit is bubbling. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.