- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Brazil nuts
- 1 pound dates, cut up
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, cut up
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease, flour, and line with wax paper either 1 - 9x5-inch OR 2 - 8x3-inch bread pans.
- Put Brazil nuts, dates, and cherries in a large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients, and sift over nut mixture. Mix with hands until coated.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add vanilla. Pour over first mixture. Mix with hands until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes (9x5), OR 1 hour 30 minutes (8x3).
- Store in Saran wrap and aluminum foil. Keeps up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator
NotesMy sister-in-law brought this bread to a family gathering, and graciously shared her recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More