- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Brazil nuts
- 1 pound dates, cut up
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, cut up
- 3/4 cup sifted flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Grease, flour, and line with wax paper either 1 - 9x5-inch OR 2 - 8x3-inch bread pans.
- Put Brazil nuts, dates, and cherries in a large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients, and sift over nut mixture. Mix with hands until coated.
- Beat eggs until foamy. Add vanilla. Pour over first mixture. Mix with hands until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour 45 minutes (9x5), OR 1 hour 30 minutes (8x3).
- Store in Saran wrap and aluminum foil. Keeps up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator
NotesMy sister-in-law brought this bread to a family gathering, and graciously shared her recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More