BUBOR PULUT HITAM (BLACK RICE PUDDING) - MALAYSIA
BUBOR PULUT HITAM (Black Rice Pudding) - Malaysia
- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3 cups glutenous black rice*
- 16 cups water
- 6 tablespoons palm sugar* (gula melaka)
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 slices fresh ginger
- 3 cups thick coconut milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- *These ingredients can be purchased at your local Oriental food market.
Wash rice thoroughly and put in a large pan with water.
Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add both sugars, ginger, and simmer very gently stirring from time to time, until the rice is soft and swollen.
It may be necessary to add water during cooking.
The final consistency of the bubor should be that of porridge.
Mix thick coconut milk with salt.
Serve warm bubor pulot hitam in individual bowls with a little coconut milk poured over the top.