- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion.
- Cook and stir until the onion is soft. Stir in the tomato puree, green peper, mushrooms, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer until well blended.
- Mix with the spaghetti, and place in an oven-proof casserole dish. Top with the mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 510; total fat 16g (saturated fat 7g); cholesterol 85mg; sodium 800mg; carbohydrate 57g (fiber 6g); protein 37g
NotesThis baked spaghetti dinner is full of vegetables, lean meat and pasta, and topped with cheese: a delicious way to fit in a variety of foods! For more veggies, serve it with a tossed green salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More