- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oven to 350ºF.
- Brown the beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion.
- Cook and stir until the onion is soft. Stir in the tomato puree, green peper, mushrooms, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer until well blended.
- Mix with the spaghetti, and place in an oven-proof casserole dish. Top with the mozzarella. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories 510; total fat 16g (saturated fat 7g); cholesterol 85mg; sodium 800mg; carbohydrate 57g (fiber 6g); protein 37g
NotesThis baked spaghetti dinner is full of vegetables, lean meat and pasta, and topped with cheese: a delicious way to fit in a variety of foods! For more veggies, serve it with a tossed green salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
culinary karmaSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More