- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 15 pcs
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups self-rising flour*
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), melted
- All-purpose flour
- In a bowl, combine the self-rising flour, sugar and milk; mix well. Turn onto a floured surface; sprinkle with all-purpose flour. Pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- With a sharp knife dipped in flour, cut into 3 inch by 2 inch pieces. Pour butter into an ungreased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Dip one side of each piece into melted butter. Carefully turn to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Editor's Note*: As a substitute for each cup of self-rising flour, place 1-1/2 t. baking powder and 1/2 t. salt in a measuring cup. Add all-purpose flour to measure 1 cup.
NotesA lot of us associate this tried and true, yummy biscuit recipe with Germanlady.
Submitted by Rebekah DeWitt, Star City, Arkansas
These are the easiest and best biscuits I've ever made. They are light and buttery and go well with virtually any meal (writes Rebekah).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More