- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 c. raisins
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. Vanilla, rum, or butterscotch flavoring
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- Place raisins, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and flavoring in large heavy saucepan. Place over med. heat and cook, stirring frequently, until hot, slightly thickened and just beginning to bubble (about 4 or 5 min.). Cool slightly, uncovered, in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease or line 12 muffin cups. Stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well in center and pour in the warm raising mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in nuts.Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake about 15 min. or till done.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour 1 tsp. Maple syrup over each muffin.
- Cool 10 min. then remove from tin.
- Serve warm.
NotesThese are very fattening, but very good! A nice treat! I used butterscotch flavoring in mine. You could use corn syrup over the top if you like, but it won't be as tasty.
12 grams fat per muffin
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
GAES PTO Recipes
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More