- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 1/2 c. raisins
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. Vanilla, rum, or butterscotch flavoring
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- Place raisins, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and flavoring in large heavy saucepan. Place over med. heat and cook, stirring frequently, until hot, slightly thickened and just beginning to bubble (about 4 or 5 min.). Cool slightly, uncovered, in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease or line 12 muffin cups. Stir dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well in center and pour in the warm raising mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in nuts.Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake about 15 min. or till done.
- Remove from oven and immediately pour 1 tsp. Maple syrup over each muffin.
- Cool 10 min. then remove from tin.
- Serve warm.
NotesThese are very fattening, but very good! A nice treat! I used butterscotch flavoring in mine. You could use corn syrup over the top if you like, but it won't be as tasty.
12 grams fat per muffin