- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for seven minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Recipe says to serve immediately. But is good re-warmed.
NotesI've made this Buttermilk Syrup recipe a few times. Yummy - wonderful, and easy to make variations. We have used it for pancakes, waffles, etc. Great topping for ice cream or other desserts, too.
I hope to try it with fruit juices/flavors, other spices, and extracts. I may try it with chocolate, as well. ENJOY!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More