- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for seven minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Recipe says to serve immediately. But is good re-warmed.
NotesI've made this Buttermilk Syrup recipe a few times. Yummy - wonderful, and easy to make variations. We have used it for pancakes, waffles, etc. Great topping for ice cream or other desserts, too.
I hope to try it with fruit juices/flavors, other spices, and extracts. I may try it with chocolate, as well. ENJOY!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More