- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for seven minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Recipe says to serve immediately. But is good re-warmed.
NotesI've made this Buttermilk Syrup recipe a few times. Yummy - wonderful, and easy to make variations. We have used it for pancakes, waffles, etc. Great topping for ice cream or other desserts, too.
I hope to try it with fruit juices/flavors, other spices, and extracts. I may try it with chocolate, as well. ENJOY!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Vegan Eats!See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More