- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for seven minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Recipe says to serve immediately. But is good re-warmed.
NotesI've made this Buttermilk Syrup recipe a few times. Yummy - wonderful, and easy to make variations. We have used it for pancakes, waffles, etc. Great topping for ice cream or other desserts, too.
I hope to try it with fruit juices/flavors, other spices, and extracts. I may try it with chocolate, as well. ENJOY!
Get Fit With Good Food!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More