BYU Mint Brownies
1 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup cocoa
2 Tbsp. honey
2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
5 Tbsp. softened margarine
1 Tbsp. light corn syrup
2 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
green or red food coloring
1/4 cup half and half
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Melt margarine or butter and mix in cocoa. Allow to cool.
2. Add honey, eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Mix well. Pour batter into a greased 9"x13" baking pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Allow to cool.
5. For mint frosting: Beat softened margarine, salt, corn syrup, and powdered sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add peppermint extract and a few drops of food coloring. Add about 3 Tbsp. milk gradually until medium thick frosting consistency. Frost brownies and cool in refrigerator or freezer.
6. For chocolate glaze: microwave half and half until hot. Pour over chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth. Add powdered sugar.
7. Pour glaze over chilled brownies. For best cutting, chill in refrigerator first.