- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- bone-in skin-on chicken pieces
- quartered potatoes
- quartered onions
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup* vegetable oil
- can of tomato paste
- garlic powder
- dried mint
- dried parsley
- Put chicken, potatoes, and onions in a large roasting pan.
- Salt and pepper generously, and pour 1 cup* vegetable oil over all.
- Empty tomato paste into a large (16 oz.) water glass, fill with water and stir to combine.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables in roaster.
- Sprinkle pan with garlic powder, mint and parsley.
- Cook at 400F, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and chicken is browned and easily pulled from bones.
- *I use less oil; usually about 1/2 cup.
NotesI've submitted this recipe just as it was given to me. "Babe" was the elderly great-aunt of a friend of mine. When she'd come to visit, she'd always make this dish in large amounts, and we'd eat and eat and eat. Although she was not Italian, Babe was once married to an Italian man, who taught her to cook his favorites. Since this is more of a method than a recipe, the specific amount of chicken and vegetables are flexible; just fill up a roasting pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More