- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, diced
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 onions, chopped finely
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1/4 teaspoon ground or fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon gula djawa* (palm sugar)or brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Kecap Manis* (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fry pork in peanut oil until light brown. Add onion and garlic. Stirring constantly, fry until onion is golden brown.
- Add ginger, brown sugar,soy sauce, 1/2 cup water and salt. Cover tightly and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Serve with hot rice and two or more dishes.
- * These ingredients can be purchased at your local Oriental food market such as 99 Ranch Market or on the Internet.
- Selamat Makan!
NotesMost people think of Indonesian dishes as being fiery hot, guess what folks there is not one chili pepper in this recipe, but I always like to add a sambal (hot chili paste)like sambal oelek trasi or sambal badjak at the dinner table.
We found this recipe in "Cook Indonesian" by Agnes de Keijzer Brackman.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More