- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Garlic salt & pepper
- ASIAN ORANGE-GINGLER GLAZE:
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (use a microplane rasp grater)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 orange, peel zested with rasp grater & juiced (you should have 1/4 cup of juice and about 2 tablespoons zest)
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoon sambal (asian hot chili/garlic paste)
- 1 tablespoon yuzu sauce (you can substitute withlemon juice)
- Baby Back Ribs (the quantity is up to you - although these ribs are SO delicious that everyone will want seconds, so budget accordingly!
- I usually go to my local warehouse store, BJs and purchase the "big momma" pack that includes 3 or 4 whole massive slabs and feeds 8.
- Plan on 6 ribs or more per person).
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Pat the ribs dry and season both sides liberally with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place the ribs in a large roasting pan, overlapping is ok.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and place in oven. Roast 4-6 hours.
- If you are feeding less than 4 people, then check the ribs after 4 hours, they should be done.
- To make the glaze:
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 2 T canola oil, and when hot, add the red onion.
- Cook until the onion is soft, about 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and the ginger.
- Cook another minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients, except for the yuzu sauce.
- Lower the heat to low and cook down the sauce until it thickens and reduces about 6-8 minutes. The sauce should be sticky and thick. Remove from heat and add the yuzu sauce (or lemon juice).
- You can also add more freshly grated ginger if you like for the extra kick.
- The ribs are done when they fall off the bone. Trust me, you’ll know.
- Try picking up a rib and see how the meat just falls off.
- Place the ribs in a single layer - you may have to use a baking sheet.
- Brush the Asian Orange-Ginger Glaze on the tops of the ribs.
- Broil on high until the sauce bubbles and carmelizes, about 3-5 minutes.
- a watch on the ribs - don’t burn them!
- Instead of the Glaze, you could just use your favorite BBQ sauce - the results will be outstanding.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake
The Best Baked Potato SoupSee More