Bacardi Rum Cake
Why I Love This Recipe
This cake is one of my favorites to serve at Christmas gatherings.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 c. chopped pecans
1 box yellow cake mix
1 sm. box instant vanilla pudding
½ c. cold water
½ c. oil
½ c. dark Bacardi Rum
1 stick butter
¼ c. water
1 c. sugar
⅓ c. Dark Bacardi Rum
1. Preheat oven to 325˚F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
2. Sprinkle chopped pecans over bottom of pan.
3. Mix together cake mix, pudding, eggs, cold water, oil, and ½ c. dark rum in a large mixer.
4. Pour batter over nuts and then bake 1 hour and cool.
5. While cake cools, make glaze. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in water, sugar, and rum, and boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
6. Invert cooled cake onto a serving plate. Prick top and drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over the top and sides of cake.
7. Cool, slice, and serve.