- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 sm. box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- ½ c. cold water
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. dark Bacardi Rum
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- ⅓ c. Dark Bacardi Rum
- 1. Preheat oven to 325˚F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- 2. Sprinkle chopped pecans over bottom of pan.
- 3. Mix together cake mix, pudding, eggs, cold water, oil, and ½ c. dark rum in a large mixer.
- 4. Pour batter over nuts and then bake 1 hour and cool.
- 5. While cake cools, make glaze. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in water, sugar, and rum, and boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 6. Invert cooled cake onto a serving plate. Prick top and drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over the top and sides of cake.
- 7. Cool, slice, and serve.
NotesThis cake is one of my favorites to serve at Christmas gatherings.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More