- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 c. chopped pecans
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 sm. box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- ½ c. cold water
- ½ c. oil
- ½ c. dark Bacardi Rum
- 1 stick butter
- ¼ c. water
- 1 c. sugar
- ⅓ c. Dark Bacardi Rum
- 1. Preheat oven to 325˚F. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- 2. Sprinkle chopped pecans over bottom of pan.
- 3. Mix together cake mix, pudding, eggs, cold water, oil, and ½ c. dark rum in a large mixer.
- 4. Pour batter over nuts and then bake 1 hour and cool.
- 5. While cake cools, make glaze. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in water, sugar, and rum, and boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 6. Invert cooled cake onto a serving plate. Prick top and drizzle and smooth glaze evenly over the top and sides of cake.
- 7. Cool, slice, and serve.
NotesThis cake is one of my favorites to serve at Christmas gatherings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More