- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package of mushroom couscous
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tin anchovies
- 1 1/2- 2 cups boiling water
- 1.) Bring water and chicken bouillon cube to boil in a pot on your camp stove. Pour in the couscous and stir to remove any clumps.
- 2.) Remove couscous from stove and cover with lid. Let sit for 5-7 minutes until couscous has absorbed all the water.
- 3.) While the couscous is sitting, dice the anchovies into tiny pieces. Stir into the couscous.
- Serve with pitas toasted over an open fire-- delicious after a long day of hiking!
- 2.) Remove
NotesThis recipe is great for backpacking because it's relatively light-weight and easy to prepare as a one-dish, just add water meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More