- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pieces bacon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms and leeks
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 slices of swiss cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to broil.
- In an omelet pan, or small frying pan (pan must be oven-safe), crisp bacon. (If cooking raw bacon, drain grease after bacon is crisp).
- Remove bacon and place on paper towels to absorb grease.
- Add olive oil, then mushrooms and leeks.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes, or until veggies are soft.
- Chop bacon and add stir into veggies; turn heat to medium.
- Beat eggs in bowl, and pour over veggie and bacon mixture, tilting pan as necessary to ensure that eggs cover the bottom of the pan.
- Tear swiss cheese on top of eggs, turn off burner, and put fritata in the oven, preferably 6 inches below top.
- Broil until eggs have puffed up and cheese begins to brown slightly.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More