- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryGood Morning Sunshine! It's been a long winter! My family and I were sitting here saying, "we were hungry" so I went thru the run down of what I had in the fridge that were breakfast items! I had bacon, eggs, colby cheese, green onions and bread! Waa-Laa, my hubby says, "Bacon & Egg Grilled Cheese without green onions" and that was to be expected! He is finicky about what he likes onions on and this wasn't one but that's OK, I left the onions off of his!
I like over easy eggs and my hubby likes them a little more done than over easy but that's what is so good about making this! You can make each individual egg the way you want to!
- Ingredients for 1 sandwich
- 4 slices bacon, cook & drain
- 1 egg, yolk cooked semi-soft
- 2 slices white bread or bread of choice
- 2 slices colby cheese or cheese of choice
- sliced green onions
- Fry the bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Fry the egg leaving the yolk semi-soft if you like it that way.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. Assemble the sandwich with the cheese, bacon, egg and green onions. When I added my egg I broke the yolk, spreading it around.
- Heat your flat griddle or skillet, spraying it with cooking spray and place the sandwich, buttered side down and cook until browned. Flip carefully and cook the other side.