- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon, mayonnaise, mustard and capers. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 364 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 333 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
NotesI forgot how much I love egg salad sandwiches. I saw this recipe and had extra eggs left over from holiday baking, so I whipped this up. I usually make a standard egg, mustard, mayo, dill salad. This adds bacon and capers to the mix too, with great results. I did use turkey bacon. Also, used more mustard and less low fat mayo to cut the fat. Always on whole grain bread. Great protien meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More