- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI forgot how much I love egg salad sandwiches. I saw this recipe and had extra eggs left over from holiday baking, so I whipped this up. I usually make a standard egg, mustard, mayo, dill salad. This adds bacon and capers to the mix too, with great results. I did use turkey bacon. Also, used more mustard and less low fat mayo to cut the fat. Always on whole grain bread. Great protien meal.
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 4 slices sandwich bread
- 2 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the bacon, mayonnaise, mustard and capers. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. Spread over two slices of bread; top with lettuce and remaining bread. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
- Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 364 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 333 mg cholesterol, 843 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.