- Cooking Time: None
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into very small flowerettes, smaller the better
- 1 large head Cauliflower, cut into very small flowertter, smaller the better.
- 1 medium onion or about 1/2 cup finely diced sweet (Wala Wala) onion.
- 8 to 10 slices bacon or buy Oscar Mayer Bacon, love it.
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot.
- 1/2 cup Sharp finely shredded Provolone.
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups Real mayonnaise.
- 1/2 cup. sugar.
- 4 tbsp. vinegar.
- 1/2 cup. raisins. (optional)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts. (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste, (I use a Grinder so that neither are finely ground)
- Cut bacon into bits and fry crisp, remember to pat oil off well. Or if you are me just use the Oscar Mayer Bacon as it will cut down on the time factor & it is less greasy.
- Mix together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, bacon, rasions & nuts (if using).
- Salt & Pepper to Taste.
- Pour over broccoli and onions. Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or more before serving.
NotesThis originally was a Broccoli Salad that my oldest daughter liked when she was a toddler. I added the Cauliflower and Carrots to increase the Veggie Factor. With Success if I may add. It also is a very pretty salad to take to the Office PotLuck or Summer Family Reunion etc.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More