BACON AND BLUE CHEESE WEDGE SALAD
Bacon And Blue Cheese Wedge Salad
- Servings: 4
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered
- Blue Cheese Dressing (packaged or homemade)
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped finely
- 6 slices freshly fried bacon, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
- I used my blender to make this and I also bought Maytag Blue Cheese crumbles and it is delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 oz. blue cheese
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. minced onion
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- milk to thin
Place each wedge on a salad plate or in a bowl. Spoon dressing over the top. Liberally.
Top each wedge with chopped tomatoes, scallions, bacon and crumbled blue cheese.
Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
I used my blender to make this and I also bought Maytag Blue Cheese crumbles and it is delicious!
Pour mayo, sour cream, blue cheese, and lemon juice into a food processor or blender. Blend to desired "chunkiness".
Stir in remaining ingredients. Add just enough milk to make it the thickness you prefer. It will not thicken during chilling.
Chill several hours.
I am including the link to the blog where I got this recipe but I only used the salad idea and not the dressing included in the blog since I used Deb's recipe for that!