- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chicken stock, or as needed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage leaves
- Place bacon in a large, deep stockpot or saucepan. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in potatoes, tomatoes, and enough chicken stock to cover. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cabbage and allow the soup to simmer for a few minutes longer before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More