BACON AVACADO POTATO SALAD
- 6 medium boiling potatoes
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
Boil potatoes in their skins. While potatoes boil, cube avocados and toss with lime juice. Chop bacon into one inch pieces and fry until crisp in a large skillet. Remove bacon to paper towels to drain. In bacon fat, saute onions until golden. Remove pan from heat and stir in wine, vinegar, mustard, and salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
When potatoes are tender, drain, peel, and dice. While still warm, pour dressing over potatoes and toss. Allow to cool to room temperature. Fold in avocado, bacon, parsley, and cilantro. Serve at room temperature or chill one hour or longer.