- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI made these yummy burgers last week. They were awesome! I got this recipe from a fellow http://beccasblankslate.blogspot.com/2007/05/tasty-tuesday.html. Thanks!
- 6 bacon slices chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 6 T EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil)
- 2 onions, 1/4 finely chopped, 1-3/4 thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground sirloin
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1 T grill seasoning (I used McCormick Montreal Steak Seasonin)
- 1/4 c plus 1T steak sauce
- Add bacon and a drizzle of EOO to the hot skillet and cook until crisp (4-5 minutes). Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and drain off all but 1 T of fat from the skillet. Return the pan to medium low heat and add the finely chopped onions to sweat out in the remaining fat (2-3 minutes).
- Preheat a second medium nonstick skillet with 2 T of the EVOO over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add all the thinly sliced onions and top them with a plate that can fit inside the skillet. Top the plate with a heavy can and smother the onions for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lift the plate with tongs; it will be hot!
- Place beef in a bowl and top with Worcestershire, hot sauce and grill seasoning.
- Remove the chopped onions to the plate with the bacon to cool. Turn off the heat and reserve the pan. Once the onions are cool, add them and the bacon to the ground sirloin and combine well.
- Score the meat into 4 even sections and form 4 large patties. Add 1 T of EVOO to the skillet and reheat it over medium high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare, 6 minutes on each side for medium well.
- Stir steak sauce into the smothered oninons and top burgers with onions. Serve on Kaiser rolls. Enjoy!
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Job Creator Cowboy Beans
Chicken PosoleSee More