- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded extrasharp cheddar cheese
- 4 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place 12 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups. Coat liners with cooking spray; set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk and juice in a medium bowl; let stand 2 minutes (milk will curdle). Add butter and egg; stir well to combine.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 17 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center.
- Remove muffins from pans immediately; place on a wire rack.
- CALORIES 142(30% from fat); FAT 4.8g (sat 2.6g,mono 1.5g,poly 0.3g); PROTEIN 5.2g; CHOLESTEROL 30mg; CALCIUM 88mg; SODIUM 342mg; FIBER 0.6g; IRON 1.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 19.1g