Bacon Cheddar Jalapeno Burger Rolls
1 1/2 lb ground beef (80/20)
8 slices bacon
1 onion, large, diced
4 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed, diced
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp olive oil
2 Pkgs, biscuits, Large ( Pillsbury or other)
Ketchup & Yellow Mustard for serving
1. Heat oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and cook until onion begins to change color slightly
3. Add chopped bacon and jalapenos and let cook for 4 minutes
4. Add ground beef, stir, add spices (pepper, paprika, garlic salt), stir, and cook until beef is cooked through (about 5 - 7 minutes)
Add 1 cup cheddar cheese, stir to incorporate, let cook for 2 minutes.
5. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
6. On a cutting board, lightly flour each biscuit and roll out to about 5 inches in diameter
7. Sprinkle some cheddar cheese onto a rolled out biscuit then add 3 tablespoons of cheeseburger mix on top of the cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet.
8. Bake at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve with favorite condiments, ketchup & yellow mustard is a awesome combo!
Pairs Well With
It's Thursday night, football is on, I got a friend stopping by and I am feeling like hamburgers! I did not want to the same old boring burger on a bun and remembered seeing a roll up recipe some time ago. Thought I would give them a shot my way, and wow, these things are just incredible. I will never look at a hamburger the same way again. If you have kids, they will love this and it also makes a great finger food for the games!