- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Loaf :
- 2 pieces bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound ground beef chuck
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces ground veal
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded (2 1/3 cups)
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, until crispy and fat renders, about 10 minutes.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel lined plate, reserving renderings in the skillet.
- Cook the onions and garlic in the pan drippings until brown, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk the eggs, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Add the meat, cheese, parsley, and cooked onion. Chop and add the bacon.
- Mix until evenly blended.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together in a bowl.
- Dampen hands with water and on a foil-lined cookie sheet, pat mixture into a loaf shape. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 155 degrees F, about 1 hour.
- Spread the glaze onto the meatloaf after about 50 minutes.
- Let loaf rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More