- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown; drain.
- Crumble and set aside 2 slices. Crumble remaining 6 slices.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute the beef, onion and bell pepper until beef is browned.
- Drain, and stir in the 6 slices crumbled bacon and pizza sauce.
- Spoon mixture into an ungreased 9x13 inch pan. Sprinkle with tomatoes and top with the cheese.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs slightly.
- Mix in milk and oil, then add the flour and salt.
- Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour evenly over the meat mixture.
- Sprinkle with the remaining bacon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until topping is lightly puffed and deep, golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The One Dollar Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Naked MacaronSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More