- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Servings: 60
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter (It has been suggested that using 1 full cup of butter works best due to cookie dough dryness)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (It has been suggested that using 2 eggs works best due to cookie dough dryness)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups bacon bits (if preferred, you can separate the dough into two parts and only make half of the dough into bacon)
- *MAPLE CINNAMON GLAZE*
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1. An important note- Be sure to use real bacon bits, not Bacos *See large print at the bottom of this post*.
- 2. Also, you can make your own bacon bits, just make sure you pat down the bacon chunks with paper towels to remove as much extra bacon grease as possible.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- 4. Beat together the butter, sugars, flavouring and eggs until creamy.
- 5. In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- 6. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir together.
- 7. Dough will be slightly soft. If you want a cakier cookie, add another half cup of flour.
- 8. Add in chocolate chips and bacon bits. Stir until well integrated.
- 9. Place dough on a sheet of waxed paper and refrigerate at least an hour.
- 10. Remove dough from fridge, pinch off 1 1/2 inch pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- 11Set dough balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten dough balls slightly with your fingers in the center.
- 12.Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the dough starts to turn golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack while you make the glaze.
- MAPLE GLAZE
- 1. Mix all ingredients together with some water to make a thick glaze
- 1. Spread a small amount of the glaze on the top of each cookie and top with a small piece of crisp cooked bacon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Summertime SippersSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More