- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours
- Servings: 60
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup butter (It has been suggested that using 1 full cup of butter works best due to cookie dough dryness)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (It has been suggested that using 2 eggs works best due to cookie dough dryness)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups bacon bits (if preferred, you can separate the dough into two parts and only make half of the dough into bacon)
- *MAPLE CINNAMON GLAZE*
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1. An important note- Be sure to use real bacon bits, not Bacos *See large print at the bottom of this post*.
- 2. Also, you can make your own bacon bits, just make sure you pat down the bacon chunks with paper towels to remove as much extra bacon grease as possible.
- 3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- 4. Beat together the butter, sugars, flavouring and eggs until creamy.
- 5. In another bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- 6. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and stir together.
- 7. Dough will be slightly soft. If you want a cakier cookie, add another half cup of flour.
- 8. Add in chocolate chips and bacon bits. Stir until well integrated.
- 9. Place dough on a sheet of waxed paper and refrigerate at least an hour.
- 10. Remove dough from fridge, pinch off 1 1/2 inch pieces of dough and roll into balls.
- 11Set dough balls about 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten dough balls slightly with your fingers in the center.
- 12.Bake cookies for about 10 minutes, or until the dough starts to turn golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on a cooling rack while you make the glaze.
- MAPLE GLAZE
- 1. Mix all ingredients together with some water to make a thick glaze
- 1. Spread a small amount of the glaze on the top of each cookie and top with a small piece of crisp cooked bacon.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
50 Shades of Taste
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More