- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 oz. water, room temp.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 T Oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 2 1/2 T sugar
- 2 T dry milk
- 2 T instant potatoes
- 1 pkg. yeast of choice
- 6 to 7 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- Select bread machine setting at medium crust color or medium size loaf cycle.
- Place ingredients into the baking pan as per your machine's instructions.
- Halfway thru the longest knead cycle, add: 6 or 7 slices crispy bacon, drained and crumbled. Wait patiently for the baking cycle to end so you can enjoy!
- This recipe leaves a slightly salty taste in your mouth, like good popcorn, makes you want to go back for more.
- I am quite sure that this recipe can be adapted to manual preparation and baking with no problem.
- Soften yeast in water, add beaten eggs and dry ingredients, mix to combine, turn out onto floured surface and knead until the dough begins to pull together, add chopped bacon and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Let dough rise in warm spot.
- When dough has doubled punch down and allow to rise again.
- First rising should take about an hour, shape dough into loaf and allow to rise again.
- Bake in preheated oven, 350º should be about right for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from pan an cool on rack.
NotesReally great bread to serve with soups or stews