- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound chopped raw bacon
- 2 onion, chopped
- 10 button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 12 ounces shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 cup crackers, crushed to crumbs
- Catsup or diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place bacon in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the pieces are browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels.
- Save 2 Tablespoon of bacon grease.
- Stir in onions and mushrooms, and cook until soft.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together beef, egg, and milk.
- Stir in the onion and mushrooms.
- Mix in about 8 ounces of Swiss cheese, and all but 2 Tablespoon of bacon.
- Stir in cracker crumbs, and mix until well blended.
- Place in a 13"x9" pan, top with as much catsup or tomatoes as you like.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours or until butter knife comes out clean.
- Drain fat, and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Return to oven, and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
NotesThis meatloaf is full of flavor, and a delicious twist on an old favorite. Bacon, onions, mushrooms, and Swiss cheese are added to ground beef and baked to perfection.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Short & SweetSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More