- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound chopped raw bacon
- 2 onion, chopped
- 10 button mushrooms, chopped
- 3 pounds extra-lean ground beef
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 12 ounces shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 cup crackers, crushed to crumbs
- Catsup or diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place bacon in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the pieces are browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels.
- Save 2 Tablespoon of bacon grease.
- Stir in onions and mushrooms, and cook until soft.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, stir together beef, egg, and milk.
- Stir in the onion and mushrooms.
- Mix in about 8 ounces of Swiss cheese, and all but 2 Tablespoon of bacon.
- Stir in cracker crumbs, and mix until well blended.
- Place in a 13"x9" pan, top with as much catsup or tomatoes as you like.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours or until butter knife comes out clean.
- Drain fat, and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Return to oven, and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
NotesThis meatloaf is full of flavor, and a delicious twist on an old favorite. Bacon, onions, mushrooms, and Swiss cheese are added to ground beef and baked to perfection.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More