- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed and chilled
- 10 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 10 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a standard muffin pan and set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon and pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease, and then add the diced onion. Saute the onion until soft and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan to cool. Chop the cooled bacon and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry cutter (or two knives, or your fingers), cut the butter into the flour mixture until combined and the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, oil and egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and gently toss until the flour mixture is mostly moistened (lumps will remain). Add the bacon, onions and cheddar cheese. Using a rubber spatula, gently mix together until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and serve warm.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
NotesLight and tender biscuits packed with bacon, sauteed onion and cheddar cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More