- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed and chilled
- 10 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 10 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a standard muffin pan and set aside.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove the bacon and pour off all but about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease, and then add the diced onion. Saute the onion until soft and browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan to cool. Chop the cooled bacon and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry cutter (or two knives, or your fingers), cut the butter into the flour mixture until combined and the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, oil and egg.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, and gently toss until the flour mixture is mostly moistened (lumps will remain). Add the bacon, onions and cheddar cheese. Using a rubber spatula, gently mix together until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and serve warm.
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
NotesLight and tender biscuits packed with bacon, sauteed onion and cheddar cheese.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Corn Pocket Rolls
Krrispy's Beer Bacon BreadSee More