- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 10 or more
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups celery
- 2 cups water
- 6 to 8 cups cut up potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cans cream of chicken
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt to taste (I use a lot)
- Cook bacon, onion, and celery in dutch oven until bacon is cooked and onion and celery are softer.
- Add water and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and add milk, sour cream, cream of chicken and parsley.
- Cook on low-medium heat for about an hour, salting to taste while stirring occasionally.
NotesI made this up as I went along and it turned out wonderfully. Very creamy and filling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More