- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 10 or more
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 lb. bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups celery
- 2 cups water
- 6 to 8 cups cut up potatoes
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cans cream of chicken
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt to taste (I use a lot)
- Cook bacon, onion, and celery in dutch oven until bacon is cooked and onion and celery are softer.
- Add water and potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Cook until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Reduce heat to low and add milk, sour cream, cream of chicken and parsley.
- Cook on low-medium heat for about an hour, salting to taste while stirring occasionally.
NotesI made this up as I went along and it turned out wonderfully. Very creamy and filling.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More