- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 Ripe tomatoes at room temperature
- 1 cups bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablspoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 12 Slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 oz brie cheese cut in slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet on the stovetop, cook the sliced bacon until nice and crispy. Drain off fat and set aside.
- Hollow out the tomatoes and squeeze a little of the seeds out.
- Rub the tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper the outside of the fruit.
- In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, chives, onion and cooked bacon.
- Stuff into the hollowed out tomatoes.
- Put into an oven proof dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes .
- Remove from oven and place the brie cheese on each tomato and bake for 5 minutes.
NotesThis recipe is a bit lighter and puts the emphasis on the use of bacon and brie cheese instead of the usual meat stuffing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More