- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4 Ripe tomatoes at room temperature
- 1 cups bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablspoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 12 Slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- 3 oz brie cheese cut in slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet on the stovetop, cook the sliced bacon until nice and crispy. Drain off fat and set aside.
- Hollow out the tomatoes and squeeze a little of the seeds out.
- Rub the tomatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper the outside of the fruit.
- In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, chives, onion and cooked bacon.
- Stuff into the hollowed out tomatoes.
- Put into an oven proof dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes .
- Remove from oven and place the brie cheese on each tomato and bake for 5 minutes.
NotesThis recipe is a bit lighter and puts the emphasis on the use of bacon and brie cheese instead of the usual meat stuffing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More