- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 24 medium mushrooms
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno peppers, seeded & finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Reserve and finely chop stems.
- Cook mushroom caps in boiling water for 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Heat butter in skillet and add mushroom stems, onion, and garlic.
- Cook five minutes.
- Add peppers and cook three minutes longer.
- Cool and then stir in bacon, cheese and parsley. Spoon into caps.
- Bake at 350 degrees on baking sheet lined with Reynold's parchment paper for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
NotesThe recipe was put together for my husband, who loves stuffed mushrooms with a Texas twist.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More