BACON STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 24 medium mushrooms
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno peppers, seeded & finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp parsley flakes
Remove stems from mushrooms.
Reserve and finely chop stems.
Cook mushroom caps in boiling water for 1 minute.
Drain and rinse with cold water.
Drain on paper towel.
Heat butter in skillet and add mushroom stems, onion, and garlic.
Cook five minutes.
Add peppers and cook three minutes longer.
Cool and then stir in bacon, cheese and parsley. Spoon into caps.
Bake at 350 degrees on baking sheet lined with Reynold's parchment paper for 10 minutes.