- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 5 strips bacon, cooked completely
- 1 cup whiskey
- 1 N2O (Nitrous Oxide) charger
- Place 5 strips of bacon in the ISI Whip canister and pour in 1 cup of whiskey. Screw on the N2O charger, and the whiskey will absorb the bacon flavors without giving you those extra unwanted calories. Let the whiskey sit for about 15 minutes for the flavors to fully develop, then place in freezer for 5 minutes. Strain through a cheese cloth or fine mesh strainer to remove any bits of bacon remnants and enjoy!
- Feeling extra frisky? Pour the Bacon Whiskey back in the ISI Whip, give it a CO2 charge, and presto… Carbonated Bacon Whiskey!
- With the first of my Nitrogen Infusion experiments a success, I can’t stop thinking about how else I want to use this brilliant technique. Caramel Champagne anyone? Cinnamon Chardonnay?
- CONCLUSION: The flavors are strongest after 20 minutes, and it’s definitely worth the wait!
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!
NotesI discovered a new technique last week called Nitrogen Cavitation or Nitrogen Infusions, which allow liquids to absorb the flavor, and only the flavor, of something aromatic with a nitrogen charge. (Think basil, mint, coffee beans, etc…)
My thoughts instantly took me to what sorts of ingredients I would want only the flavor from and nothing more… obviously things with a high caloric count like chocolate, or… things that just aren’t good for you but taste heavenly… BACON! And what sort of liquid would I want tasting like bacon? Certainly not water, that wouldn’t be refreshing. Most definitely… WHISKEY!